External Funding Opportunities
Funding opportunities for sponsored research are available to UD-eligible principal investigators from a variety of federal and state agencies and private foundations listed below.
Oak Ridge Associated University Opportunities
The Oak Ridge Associated Universities is a consortium of approximately 100 major Ph.D.-granting academic institutions that cultivates collaborative partnerships aimed at encouraging and enhancing the strengthening of U.S. research and education. The University of Delaware is a longtime member of ORAU, and as such is eligible to participate in several member-limited activities that are sponsored by and taking place at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
For questions regarding ORAU, please e-mail Dr. Cordell Overby, Associate Vice President for Research and Regulatory Affairs or call (302) 831-2383.
COS PIVOT Database
Detailed professional information for scientists and scholars worldwide.
Foundation Directory (UD Paid Version)
Provides information on U.S. grantmakers and their grants. The database has full-text search capability across more than 250,000 990s.
Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
Find sources for scholarships, fellowships, grants, awards and other financial support. NOTE: This database can only be accessed from within the University of Delaware Library.
An interactive mapping tool that combines the Foundation Center’s data on grantmakers and their grants with Google maps.
A funding and research service, which provides information on federal and private funding opportunities in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities.
Government Grants database
Grants.gov system houses information on over 1,000 grant programs and vets grant applications for federal grant-making agencies.
IGNITE- NineSigma Innovation Bulletin
NineSigma helps organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sectors 'connect with the world' to find new solutions, knowledge and partners to accelerate their innovation cycle.
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
The Oak Ridge Associated Universities is a consortium aimed at encouraging and enhancing the strengthening of U.S. research and education. Their opportunities are based on “field of interest,” begin throughout the year, and vary with respect to US citizenship requirements.
- State of Delaware
- US Government
- Department of Education Grant Opportunities
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Health and Human Services Administration
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Funding
- Department of Defense
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Funding
- Department of Energy
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Department of State
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Treasury
- Delaware EPSCoR
- Federal Govt Grants (Grants.Gov)
- NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES) Research Opportunities
- National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Grants
- National Endowment of Arts Grants
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Grants and Funding
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Funding
- NSF Office of Integrative Activities (OIA)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)