A variety of sponsoring agencies offer research, career, scholar or educational funding opportunities that limit the number of applications that can be submitted from a single institution. An internal selection process has been established by the Research Development Office to assist with limited submission opportunities. The portal also serves as host for receiving proposals for the three internal seed grant competitions that are administered by the UD Research Office. Please subscribe to the limited submission list serv for announcements of funding opportunities that conform to this protocol.
Application Selection Process
Internal applications are reviewed by a panel of researchers whose expertise is as close as possible to the content area. Primarily reviewers internal to UD are used but in exceptional cases external reviewers may be utilized. For large multidisciplinary proposals research deans of the colleges provide further review and help to make final decisions. If the review process is different from the norm it will be so noted on the website. Every effort is made to get at least two if not three reviews for every proposal submitted and to make the process fair and transparent. Reviewers’ feedback is provided as a guidance for both successful and unsuccessful applications.
The Research Development Office makes every effort to identify limited submission opportunities and provide information on limited submissions in a timely manner; however, if a researcher should identify a limited submission that is not in the opportunities list, please forward the announcement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcements are posted to the limited submission listserv and the new Internal RO Competition Portal. The new online system streamlines the processes for dissemination, application and review of internal applications.
Internal Application Process
Researchers who are interested in submitting an application to any of the limited submissions should first review the announcement carefully to ensure eligibility. If eligible, applicants are required to complete the two steps described below.
- To assist with identifying relevant reviewers, potential applicants should email email@example.com as soon as they decide to apply, with the title of the research and a one- or two-sentence overview.
- Investigators should apply directly through the secure Internal RO Competition Portal using their UD login credentials. To find the applicable announcement, simply search by keyword(s) or select View All Grants. Requirements for each competition, reviewer rubric and copies of successful past proposals, when available, may be found in the online application.
White Paper Guidelines
Limited Submission Listserv
Note: Limited Submission applications no longer need to be submitted through UD’s financial system. A confirmation notice will be forwarded upon receipt of your application.
For more information contact:
Anshuman Razdan, PhD
Associate Vice President
for Research Development
Ph: (302) 831-6703
Ph: (302) 831-8169
FUNDING / LIMITED SUBMISSIONS
Research Development Director
Ph: (302) 831-7088
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Research Education Coordinator
Ph: (302) 831-3777
Computing Support Specialist
Ph: (302) 831-8621
GOVERNMENT SPONSOR LINKS
- State of Delaware
- US Government
- Dept of Education Grant Opportunities
- Dept of Agriculture
- Dept of Health and Human Services (HRSA) Open Opportunitiess
- Dept of Commerce
- Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Funding
- Dept of Defense
- Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA) Funding
- Dept of Energy
- Dept of Homeland Security
- Dept of Justice
- Dept of Labor
- Dept of State
- Dept of the Interior
- Dept of Transportation
- Dept of Treasury
- Delaware EPSCoR Funding Opportunities
- Federal Govt Grants (Grants.Gov)
- NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES) Research Opportunities
- National Archives Grant Program
- National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS) Funding Opportunities
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Grants
- National Endowment of Arts Grants
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Grants and Funding
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Funding Opportunities
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Funding Opportunities
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Funding
- NSF Office of Integrative Activities (OIA) Funding Opportunities
*NOTE: The University of Delaware’s Office of General Counsel oversees all legal services for the University of Delaware. Matters pertaining to research (including research-related agreements, research-related compliance, and research-related intellectual property) may be directed to the Research Office, which will coordinate with the General Counsel’s Office, as appropriate.