Forms, Policies & Procedures

Here you will find a repository of forms, policies and procedures related to research at the University of Delaware. This repository draws on sources throughout campus to provide quick and easy access to these resources in a variety of formats, such as html, MSWord and Adobe PDF. We encourage you to explore and use the tools provided to narrow your search by word, resource type or category in order to learn more about the content that governs research at UD.

*NOTE: As of October 2020 Google Chrome changed how it handles file downloads. If you encounter difficulties, right click on the “Download” button/link and select “save link as.” Once selected the file download will be executed and can be saved to the desktop. A second method is to use a different browser.

RO Forms, Policies, and Procedures Search 2019

Animal Subjects in Research

For Forms, Policies and Procedures pertaining to Animal Subjects in Research and other resources

Click Here

Conflict of Interest
Contracts and Grant Management
Effort Certification
Export Regulations (ITAR/EAR/OFAC)
Human Subjects in Research
Intellectual Property
Internal Funding
Material Transfer
Reporting Misconduct
Research Administration
Research Agreement Templates
RO Forms, Policies, and Procedures Search 2019

Policy: Export Regulations (ITAR/EAR/OFAC)

USCIS I-129 Export Control Certification Requirement

Recent changes to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations require the use of the new I‐129 petition form. The University of Delaware must certify whether or not the foreign person will be performing work that is subject to the U.S. Department of State (ITAR) or U.S. Department of Commerce (EAR) export regulations and if export licensing will be required for the work. It is important to note that the release of controlled technology or technical data to aforeign person in the United States is a “deemed export” and subject to the relevant export regulations. While most of the research conducted by foreign nationals at the University of Delaware qualifies as “fundamental research” (is performed without restrictions on publication or on who may participate), it is important to understand the specific terms of the contract or grant on which foreign national employees are working, as well as the nature of the research in order to correctly complete the new I‐129 form. The Office for International Students and Scholars will continue to manage the filing of I‐ 129 forms at the University of Delaware. A new “Export Control for Certification on I‐129 Form” has been instituted. This form must be submitted with other supporting documentation in order for the Office of International Students and Scholars to complete the I‐129 for potential employees. Additionally, if a foreign national employee’s source of funding changes, a new certification form is required so that the University of Delaware may appropriately amend the I‐129 filing.

The Research Office is available to answer questions and provide training on the U.S. export control regulations. Please contact the Associate Vice President for Research, Dr. Cordell Overby at

The Office for International Students and Scholars is available to assist with questions about hiring foreign nationals. Please contact Younes Haboussi, Coordinator of Immigration Services at

The complete policy and more can be found on the ’s web site.


Policy Details:

OWNER: UD Research Regulatory Affairs



Policy Source Email


Compliance Hotline
Phone: (302) 831-2792

UD Research Office
210 Hullihen Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Phone: (302) 831-2136
Fax: (302) 831-2828
Contact us


From our latest Research Magazine to our latest discoveries, keep in touch with UD Research by signing up for our services below.

Share This